A Very Busy Mom Still Finds Time to Cook

/
0 Comments
My very best friend in the kitchen this week is my Black and Decker Mini Chopper ( the only food processor I own). Ever since I was told by a relatively sane person that tomatoes in cans were bad for you, I have turned to my mini chopper for all recipes calling for cooked tomatoes. In goes the garlic, in goes the tomatoes, onions, zucchini, red bell peppers,jalapeños, whatever! I hid zucchini from my 14 year old using that thing!


On Monday I cooked 1.5 pounds of  organic chicken "tenders" and used them for the next two nights.
My only big "cheat" was to buy an already roasted turkey breast. Everyone in the family was just soooo excited and happy to have fresh turkey! All of us dug into it the minute we got home from school because it smelled so good...I am still thrilled every time I go to the grocery store and get to buy pretty much whatever I want. How rich is that?

I must say that I live in abundant Sonoma County. All the tomatoes were given to me, I grow the apples, zucchini, lemons, and basil. Armenian cucumbers were $1 per pound at our farmer 's market this past Sunday. The chevre is made by a colleague who milks goats in addition to teaching full time! Drool, enjoy, and leave a comment if you want any of the recipes!

Sunday: Yum Bowls: warm rice, cannelli beans, shredded cheese, carrot, cucumbers, tomatoes, wasabi sauce, tamari, avocado, vinegarette, mushrooms, steamed Swiss chard, 
Italian Chard Salad

Monday and Tuesday: quesadillas, lightly breaded sautéed chicken, cheese, corn tortilla, home made salsa, avocado, tomatoes, cabbage, refried beans, 

Wednesday: baked potatoes, cheese, carrots, chard, salsa, Zatar, steamed brussel sprouts, roasted beets, tomatoes, salsa

Thursday: fresh veg spaghetti sauce with tri- color noodles or brown rice wth radish seeds, salad, garlic bread

Friday: Italian chard salad, curried turkey salad with apples and walnuts, and roasted beets with peppered chèvre. 

All Gone--Curried Turkey Salad with Apple and Walnuts, Roasted Beets with Chèvre



You may also like

No comments :

Like what you read? Want to contribute to the conversation? Leave a comment!